It seems like just yesterday that I was a full-time student studying every day & night on weekdays and weekends. Nancy and I lived at the newest coffee shop writing pages and pages of notes fearing that if we didn't memorize every single fact, our patients would surely die! And now, my life has drastically changed overnight. I suddenly find myself waking up at the crack of dawn, getting Liam fed, changed, and packed up to go to Gagie's, leaving myself about 2 minutes to shower and get out the door. I drive about an hour in order to bring him to my mom's house, and then it is off to work. I put in an 8 hour day at work, come back to my mom's house, play with Liam for about an hour before he goes to sleep, eat a quick dinner, and crawl into bed in my parent's guest bedroom hoping that Liam will sleep through the night so I will be ready for another day of work! Student-life and work-life/mom-life are both very hectic and demanding, but I have to say that the latter is far more fun. Not to say, I don't miss the days in the coffee shop with Nancy because I do...I just don't miss the school work.
I am so grateful to my family for providing such wonderful care to my munchkin while I am gone. I'm sure he is sad when he has to spend the rest of our weekdays in our little condo staring at one another with no cousins in sight. Thank you guys!
10.24.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment